2017-2018 LEARN TO PLAY HOCKEY PROGRAM
Registration is Open
- Ages: Children 4 and older who have learned to skate and want to learn the fundamentals of hockey.
- Teams: Kids are placed on a team (e.g., Flyers, Rangers, Red Wings) and receive their own hockey jersey and socks!
- Season: Runs till March - accepting skaters!
- Schedule & Location: 2 Ice Times per week (Saturday and Sunday)
||75 Recreation Park Dr. Hingham, MA 02043
||599 Summer St. Rockland, MA 02370
- BLACKOUT DATES (NO ICE)
- Saturdays: 10/21, 12/2, 2/10, 2/17, 4/7
- Sundays: 3/18, 4/1
- Volunteering/Coaching: If you have any hockey/figure skating background and would like to help coach on the ice, please contact us.
- Equipment/Preparation: Please make sure your child is comfortable while on the ice. For example:
- Adjust their helmet for a better fit and tape child's name on their helmet.
- Have adequate clothing under their pads to keep warm, especially as it gets colder outside.
- Make sure skates feel okay, tight enough to give adequate ankle support, but not so tight they hurt.
- Adjust hair so that it isn’t bothersome or in their face (i.e., pull hair back).
John Barron, LTPH Level Director